Monday, January 30, 2012

Wine Review #1: Manzanas Dulces

Since our wine touring days are over until spring, I thought I would keep my blog going by doing reviews of various local wines that I am discovering on my own... which might be new for the vineyards/wineries or just ones that I've never tried before.

I'm not 100% sure if this wine is new for Mac's Creek or if I've just never heard of it before, but I recently found Manzanas Dulces while shopping for wine.


It was a fall wine that was supposed to be launched at their harvest festival that Jessi, Jenna, and I went to, but that didn't work out. When we did not see it out, Jessi and I asked about it while we were there and found out that the labels didn't come in on time so it was still sitting in a holding tank, waiting to be bottled. I offered to sample it straight from the vat (who cares about a label when wine is involved) but I was shot down.

Manzanas Dulces is a white apple wine that is sweet, light, and the apple really comes through to delight the pallet. I really enjoyed it and think that it would be a great wine to use in the apple-cherry sangria recipe that I got from Arbor Day Farms. I have added it to my lengthing list of wines that I love from Mac's Creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment