Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cougarlicious- Miletta Vista’s new vintage

After an especially rough day at work recently, I stopped at a local liquor store to grab a six pack of Boulevard to enjoy with a couple of coworkers. As I walked through the door, I noticed a poster hanging up announcing that Miletta Vista had a new wine out called Cougarlicious. My first thought was that I had to hunt it down and buy a bottle.

So I wondered around the tiny and packed sales floor of the liquor mart hunting for this new wine but finally gave up and asked the adorable, dreadlocked guy behind the counter. He searched for it on the computer to make sure that we had it and then joined me in the hunt, finally locating it nearly a foot and a half above his head on the top shelf of a display of Nebraska wines. I thanked him profusely, nabbed a bottle and my Boulevard and headed out. I didn’t even make it out of the parking spot before I had the bottle and my phone out to send a picture to Jessi.



“Miletta Vista has a new wine out that we are drinking next time you’re in town!!!”

“Yay!!!”

Was pretty much how our text conversation went.

When I got home, the newly acquired treasure found its home in a place of honor (the wine rack on top of our fridge), to await the time that Jessi would once again grace the Lair (my apartment, if you didn’t already know, is called the Lair) with her presence.

Thankfully, it didn’t have to wait too long.

Jessi made a pit stop in Kearney on her way home for Christmas and we finally got to crack into the Cougarlicious. It was very sweet, but not overwhelming. It reminded me of a sweeter Brianna or La Crosse. Jessi and I decided that it would be a great dessert wine with fruit or a dark, bitter chocolate.

I searched around looking for the significance of Cougarlicious, thinking that there might be a neat back-story to it. It’s not what I was expecting but here it is:

“Fun! Fun! Fun!
You've been asking when are you coming out with a fun wine label. Well here it is, New December 2011. Courgarlicious is a label and this sweet white wine will provide lots of fun!  A blend of two Nebraska grown grapes, LaCrosse & Brianna.  This fruity wine with flavors of citrus & pineapple will make a great gift this Christmas season. It's a prowlers cocktail, you're sure to enjoy and it goes very well with the Hershey’s candy cane peppermint candies.”

Jessi also suggested trying it as a breakfast wine, something I have never tried but I am always up for something new!

Cougarlicious

No comments:

Post a Comment