Sunday, December 25, 2011

Wine for Christmas? Yes Please! Christmas, 2011

Christmas morning I realized that I may have a problem.

Opening presents I was excited to find a new, cheap DVD player (exactly what I asked for, even emphasized the cheap),  gift card to Cabela’s to get a holster,  cookbook, candle, and a wine kit complete with a bottle opener, pour spout, foil cutter and more goodies including a necklace for a wine bottle from my mom.

I continued opening gifts and found two super cute cutting boards and knife, perfect for cheeses to go with wine from my sister, Betsy, and brother-in-law, Walt.

Then my sister Laura, handed me a wine bottle gift bag with a bottle of Feather River Edelweiss from my mom. Yum!

As everybody finished opening presents, my mom and Laura told me to go open the giant present in the corner. Sitting on top of it was a wrapped bottle of wine from a Salida winery from Betsy and Walt. It’s a Riesling/ Chardonnay blend that I can’t wait to try.

As I worked my way into the huge present (Laura wrapped it and likes making it difficult to open), I uncovered an adorable wine rack! It has places for 16 bottles of wine, wine glasses, and a top the perfect size for munchies.

Then, when we thought we were all done, my mom walked out with one last gift bag that she handed me. Inside I found a Redneck wine glass. If you’ve never seen one before, allow me to explain…

It’s a short canning jar glued to the top of a glass candlestick.

Classy.


No comments:

Post a Comment