Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wine Review #3: Beringer's Red Moscato

With my adventures on the Nebraska Wine Tour, this blog, and my random wine-themed stories, my friends, coworkers, and random acquaintances know how much of a wineaux I am. This tends to have its advantages (although, it might look to outsiders that I have a serious problem).

For example, my friend, Cathy, and I recently got around to exchanging our Christmas presents (our goal was to do it by Valentine's Day, mission accomplished!) and I could not help but be excited by what she got me: 2 bottles of wine! The first was my favorite moscato, Rex-Goliath which is super cheap and has a rooster on the label (she had Puffy run recon so she got the right kind) and the second was one I had never heard of before, Beringer's Red Moscato. I was really excited to try it and I was proud of Cathy for stepping out of her comfort zone (she knows nothing about wine and is rather apprehensive about the subject) to get something new for me.



Beringer's Red Moscato is sweet and light like most moscatos but there is a definite difference. The only way I can describe it is the "red difference." Dry to Sweet, red and white wine have a different taste. Chalk it up to tannins or just the color but blindfolded, I bet most people could point out the red vs. the white.

Either way, I LOVED it!!! It was also a huge hit with my mom and friend, Matt... I made Puffy and Joey try it. They were not fans... so my mission to turn them into wine drinkers continues.

It has become my new favorite wine and the hunt continues for where to get it since Cathy refuses to tell me where she found it.

3 comments:

  1. I just had my first red moscato this past weekend and I loved it. Very happy to have foind a red wine I like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your comments about the Red Beringer and The Rex Goliath, Moscato both wines are interesting with crisp and bold tastes. I welcome you to follow me too as we un-wine , lololol,about our wine tasting experiences. My Blog is
    The Timid Palate.com and can both followed on Facebook and Goggle1+
    Great job
    Donna Timid Palate Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. The liquor store at the end of my block has it. I was debating trying it and came across your blog while looking for a recommendation one way or the other. The Beringer Pink Moscato is also very good btw. I also write a wine commentary blog and know what you mean about how, from the outside, it may look like all we do is sit around and drink! ;) I would be honored for you to check it out: http://www.trustthedevilyouknow.com

    ReplyDelete