Thursday, July 28, 2011

Change of Scenery

I am sitting here drinking the rest of my Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, avoiding packing up the last 2 1/2 years of my life, and thinking I should go get a glass of wine so it's one less thing I have to move. It's one of those huge bottles of cheap yet decent wine you can get for 10 bucks that doesn't fit anywhere in the fridge except the entire bottom shelf.... hang on. I've talked myself into a glass.
Ahhh.... hit the spot.
Now to the point. I have come up with the perfect theme to decorate the kitchen in my new place! Ready? Wait for it... WINE! Such a stretch for me, I know.
I already have wine bottles decorating the top of my cupboards here so my favorite of those are going to follow me to the new place. The oodles of used corks that Laura and I have collected really have no home yet. I think they would look fabulous as wall art but since I am not that artsy, I may have to think that through a little more. Jessi, being the bestest best friend in the world, got me a pair of awesome wall plaques that boast the phrases "Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to the lask of wine." and "I never drink wine unless I'm alone or with somebody!"
I think the only things that would really top it off would be like a wine bottle or glass form out of wrought iron hanging on the wall and a great sign that says "In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas" (In wine there is truth, in water there is health)... I'll add that to the list of stuff my dad needs to make me, right behind the wine glass holder.
Is it possible for a room to be an enabler? Because if so, I think my future kitchen would fit into that category. I may have a problem, but we've barely seen the top of that particular iceberg.
Hmmmm... I should probably get back to packing up my life, but there's still wine in my glass. I think I'll just enjoy the rest of my moscato and go to bed, rise with the sun and keep going in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment